Before and After School Care | Families
Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation Offers Before & After School Care
Register today by visiting any Virginia Beach Recreation Center
Release Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:20 a.m.
Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation wants to be your child care provider! We offer fun, safe programs inside many Virginia Beach Public Schools. Or, if your child wants a bit more variety, enroll them in our recreation center programs. Both options are fun and give you peace of mind…while giving your wallet a break!
Elementary School-Based Programs: grades K – 5, $45 registration fee
- KidzQuest Before School Programs: $52 per 2-week session; available at Centerville, Christopher Farms , Cooke, Glenwood, Green Run, Kempsville, Kempsville Meadows, Kings Grant, Kingston, Landstown, Linkhorn Park, New Castle, Newtown Road, North Landing, Pembroke Meadows, Princess Anne, Providence, Red Mill, Rosemont Forest, Strawbridge, Tallwood, Thoroughgood, Three Oaks, White Oaks, and Woodstock Elementary Schools
- Kidzquest After School Programs: $84 per 2-week session; available at all non-Title 1 elementary schools
- RISE After School Programs: $84 per 2-week session, or $42 per 2-week session for those
who receive a free or reduced lunch; available at ALL Title 1 Elementary Schools: Birdneck, College Park, Cooke, Diamond Springs, Green Run, Holland, Lynnhaven, Newtown Road, Parkway, Rosemont, Seatack, Shelton Park, White Oaks, Bettie F. Williams, and Windsor Oaks Elementary Schools
Middle School Programs: grades 6-8, $45 registration fee
- Middle School Mania Before School Programs: $52 per 2-week session;
available at: Brandon, Corporate Landing, Great Neck, Kempsville, Larkspur, and Princess Anne Middle Schools
Recreation Center-Based Programs: $45 registration fee
- Preschool Buddies: age 3-5; $110 - $270 per 2-week session; available at Kempsville and Princess Anne Recreation Centers
- Kinderbuddies: grade K; $110 - $270 per 2-week session; available at Kempsville & Princess Anne Recreation Centers
- After School Programs: grade K-5; $123 per 2-week session; available at Bayside, Bow Creek, Great Neck, Kempsville, Princess Anne, and Seatack Recreation Centers
Participants in the before or after school school-year programs receive a Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation membership. Please note that these programs operate exempt from licensure. To register for the programs, just visit any Virginia Beach Recreation Center:
- Bayside Recreation Center, 1400 First Court Road
- Bow Creek Recreation Center, 3427 Club House Road
- Great Neck Recreation Center, 2521 Shorehaven Drive
- Kempsville Recreation Center, 800 Monmouth Lane
- Princess Anne Recreation Center, 1400 Nimmo Parkway
- Seatack Recreation Center, 141 S. Birdneck Road
For more information, contact the Out-of-School Time Programs staff at (757) 385-0409 or email fun@VBgov.com.
Virginia Beach Parks and Recreation’s vision is a balanced, sustainable and value-focused system of parks, recreation and public spaces that creates a sense of community. We are accredited by CAPRA, the certifying agency of the National Recreation and Park Association. We are accredited by CAPRA, the certifying agency of the National Recreation and Park Association. For more information, call (757) 385-1100 (TTY: 711 Virginia Relay), visit VBgov.com/parks or sign up our email newsletters at VBgov.com/newsletters.